Complete Online Prep Course: Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning Basics
Online HVAC Prep Course: Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning Basics
The Online HVAC Prep Course: Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning Basics is an online course dedicated to providing an introduction and overview of the principles of the refrigeration cycle and the mechanical components of an air conditioning system.
Initially, students learn about refrigerant safety and handling. The HVAC General Safety Practices online course gives specific information regarding which tools are safer to use and why. There is an abundance of screwdrivers, drills, electrical testers, saws, hummers, extension cords, hex-head screws and bolts, pliers, pipe ratchets, shears, crimpers, staple guns, refrigeration gauges available on the market. The instructor will go over safety features for the most used tools, give industry tips and inform of OSHA safety recommendation practices.
The Online Prep Course: Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning progress to a study of pressure, temperature, and basic thermodynamics. In our Online HVAC Prep Course, the discussion of thermodynamics lays the foundation for understanding refrigeration systems, the function of their components, variations of their design and as a result help you diagnose a problem in more systematic and effective manner, saving you time, money and effort.
This will be followed by studying the refrigeration cycle and the components common to any refrigeration system. Each component will be examined for their basic function and operation within the refrigeration cycle. In this Online HVAC Prep Course, we discuss refrigerants, old and new, along with the certifications that may be needed to handle them. We pay attention to the different types of refrigerants: CFCs, HCFCs, and HFCs.Other components (accessories) that may be found in a refrigeration system will be discussed and explained and studied for their appearance and function within the system.
Finally, the Online HVAC Prep Course: Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning describes appropriate pressures and temperatures to be found within an HVAC system will be discussed and studied to ensure their proper operation.
What You Will Learn:
- Refrigerant Safety
- Pressures and temperatures
- The refrigeration cycle
- The components in a refrigeration system and their basic operation
- Accessories common in refrigeration systems
- The appearance of common accessories and their purpose
- Proper pressures and temperatures
- The basic wiring of a refrigeration system
- Lectures 34
- Quizzes 25
- Duration 25 hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 47
- Certificate Yes
- Assessments Yes
- AC Basic Module 5 Instructions/Course Materials
- AC Basic Module 5 Section 1
- Quiz. AC Basic Module 5 Section 1
- AC Basic Module 5 Section 2
- Quiz. AC Basic Module 5 Section 2
- AC Basic Module 5 Section 3
- Quiz. AC Basic Module 5 Section 3
- AC Basic Module 5 Section 4
- Quiz. AC Basic Module 5 Section 4
- AC Basic Module 5 Section 5
- Quiz. AC Basic Module 5 Section 5