Lockout / Tagout OSHA Standard. Methods and Sample Procedures
- 1 (Registered)
- (0 Review)
Estimated Time Required for Training: 1 ½ hours (video and quiz)
Reference/Standard: OSHA 29 CFR 1910.147
How Often Training is Required: Initial at time of hire, and annual refresher thereafter.
Who Should Take This Course: All Maintenance Personnel assigned to a Physical Plant/Building and who service and or perform maintenance, and everyone that may be exposed to potential releases of energy at work.
After completing this course: you will be able to identify lockout tag out equipment, list lockout procedures as instructed by OSHA. You will be able to list the procedures for installing Lockout tags and various lockout devices. You will also be able to name different types of energy that needs to be isolated and released before work starts on a piece of equipment. Some of that energy would include electrical, compressed air or gases, hydraulics, gravity and or stored energy either by tension or by capacitance.
Key Points to be Covered: (History of the Regulation)
1. Authorized employees/affected employees.
2. Lock vs tags.
3. Issue of/responsibility for locks/tags/equipment.
– Individual responsibility for use.
– Emphasis sequence, and multiple energy source potential.
5. Removal/restorations of energy.
6. Review of equipment.
– Periodic (day-week-month-year?).
7. Work order/work review.
– Individual responsibility
– Supervisory responsibility
– Management commitment
8. Inspection procedures.
– Responsibility to inform